Wednesday, March 17, 2010

chemistry week 8

Semiconductor of the week:
Sn -Tin
Atomic Number: 50 (50 protons and electrons)
Atomic mass: 119 (59 neutrons)
Often used to coat other materials to prevent corrosion, it is used in many alloys including pewter and bronze. It often coats aluminum cans and steel products. The nobium-tin compound wire are used in superconducting magnets which weigh just a few kilograms as opposed to regular electromagnets which weigh several tons.


Welcome to Chembalancer:
I liked the practice in balancing equations. The format was helpful and clear. However, I found the first quiz on elements somewhat frustrating as they didn't give the correct answer when I got the question wrong and there didn't seem to be an end to the quiz so the questions just repeated over and over again.

General Chemistry: Balancing Equations: Tutorial
Unfortunately, I could not download this website on my computer. If I have access to another computer I will try on another computer but in the meantime I can not participate in the tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment