Do we rely too heavily on supplements to provide antioxidants?
Seems like the best source of antioxidants is from our diets. A balanced diet of vegetables and fruits and whole foods should provide us with the necessary antioxidants. But if people just aren't going to eat a good diet than I think it's worth taking some supplements - without over doing it. Even the little bit that might bet absorbed is better than nothing. However, it's really not hard to get enough Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin E from our diets.
How might we deal differently with the effects of environmental pollutants?
Sometimes I feel full of panic that there's really no way to avoid environmental pollutants. As much as I try to eat organic, use shampoo without sodium lauryl sulfate, use green cleaning products, use unbleached tampons, I am still exposed over and over again to pollutants from which I just can't escape. They are everywhere. So, then, how to deal with the effects. Eat a good diet, exercise, practice loving kindness, sleep enough, and encourage researchers to get their butts on the job of figuring out how to remove these environmental pollutants out of the environment.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment