A very close friend of mine is a dedicated Jungian. We have had many conversations about synchronicity and she often tells me about one Jungian scholar who says that synchronistic moments are one way of knowing that you are harmonized with the world. The day after class last week I called her and left a message on her home answering machine. Three minutes later she called me from her cell phone and I assumed she had just gotten my message and was calling me back. It turned out, though, that she called me out of a desire to talk and had not yet gotten my message. This happens almost every time we think about each other and I think it is a reflection of how harmonized we are in our friendship. Although she lives in Maine and I live in California I have always had a feeling like we are electrons in the same orbit, instantaneously responding to each other. Two days after class last week, I had the same thing happen with another friend to whom I have a similar connection. This is enough evidence for synchronicity for me.
Based on what you know, how would you explain connectivity?
Connectivity is layered. From the macro level to the micro. We are all connected because we are constructed of the same basic materials. Those materials respond to each other. Although our mind, on the more macro level, constructs boundaries and sees differences, I do believe there is an energetic connection (according to both an Eastern and Western idea of energy) that creates a conversation. Sometimes we are privy or conscious of that conversation - for example a verbal communication between two people - but more often I don't think we are conscious of that connection - it is on the molecular level. Sometimes it all meets in moments of synchronicity. The layers of connectivity are particularly clear in matters of the heart. In Chinese medicine the heart is the seat of the mind. When relationships are painful or broken we feel it in our heart. Part of this is conscious thought and story. Part of this is the breaking of an energetic connection between hearts as they fall out of synch.
No comments:
Post a Comment